That sound you hear is me holding my breath
- Immortal and Hellenic Immortal are both doing very well, both in terms of sales and reviews, however…
- …there is more press coverage coming.
The press in question is of the sort I can’t talk about right now. Because talking about it before it happens will look pretty terrible if it doesn’t happen. Just know that there are some big things to come, and I am excited enough about it that I can’t do much of anything but hold my breath and wait.
And this is absolutely killing me.
A dirty little secret that isn’t all that dirty or secret is that I haven’t begun writing the next book in the Immortal series yet, which is causing some of you a degree of anguish which I am both impressed and surprised by. It will get written, but… oh okay, here’s another list.
- Adam’s “voice” is a reflection of mine, and his moods are as well. My first draft of Hellenic Immortal was started around 2006 or so when I was still pissed off that Immortal hadn’t been sold yet, and that frustration became a part of his voice, which in turn became him being grouchy about Clara. Imagine, if you will, what his voice might sound like right now, if I start writing new material while also holding my breath.
- I have actually not written a fresh and new piece for a little while, and I have less time than I used to. The fundamental change is that my office moved and I am now commuting to that office by bike, which means I’m spending 3 hours a day in the saddle instead of getting fat in front of my computer. The good news is, I’m in fantastic shape, but I’m going to have to figure out a solution that gives me more wide-awake free time.
- I don’t quite have enough yet to start writing. I have pieces, but the big picture isn’t there yet. I don’t need a lot— I don’t outline and do very, very little planning when writing, and usually start well before someone else would– but I need more than I have.
Still: nobody panic. The work will get done.